Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
We did our best to answer all your questions about site selection and meeting planning services offered by ICR. We realize that may not be the case. If we missed something, please contact us.
- What is a Site Selection Specialist?
- Is ICR a travel agency?
- Why should I use ICR's site selection services?
- Will ICR save my company money?
- How much will ICR cost me?
- How does ICR get paid for their services?
- Why should I choose ICR over another site selection firm?
- What are the requirements needed to use ICR's free site selection services?
- Can ICR find me hotels anywhere?
- Will ICR work with any size meeting?
- What additional services and benefits will I receive from ICR?
- How can I be sure that ICR will put my meeting needs over their own business needs?
- Can ICR help in obtaining other vendors for the meeting details?
- Does ICR provide comprehensive Meeting Planning Services?
- How do I get started?
1. What is a Site Selection Specialist?
A site selection specialist is someone who assists in placing a convention, conference, meeting, incentive trip or any special event at a meeting venue, such as a hotel, conference center or resort. ICR site specialists will conduct research for the best possible hotel based on your needs. Finally they will negotiate a contract that will result in an agreement that is beneficial to your company's guidelines.
2. Is ICR a travel agency?
No. Travel agencies specialize in booking flights. Although they do help find hotels for their clients, it is usually for individuals rather than groups and often they do not have first-hand knowledge of those hotels. ICR specializes in knowing hotel rates, meeting space, amenities, condition of the hotel, meeting specifications, contract negotiations and area attractions.
3. Why should I use ICR's site selection services?
Whether you are an experienced meeting planner or someone whose planning their first event, we can help!
- ICR will save you time. By allowing us to handle this important task, you can concentrate on other responsibilities.
- We offer the expertise and resources necessary to plan a successful event.
- Bottom line ICR recognizes the importance of meetings in an organization as well as the need for a return on investment. Our commitment to you is exceptional service in recommending the ideal location to host your events. We are confident that the options we present to you will exceed your expectations as a meeting venue.
4. Will ICR save my company money?
YES. ICR has the negotiating power to guarantee that guestroom rates and meeting room rental will be lower than you can arrange on your own. We will also work to ensure those wonderful perks that are not always offered by the hotels, but are certainly attainable.
5. How much will ICR cost me?
ICR services are free. You will not incur any cost, as we are compensated by the hotels and resorts chosen.
6. How does ICR get paid for their services?
ICR is paid a commission from the hotel that has been chosen. Hotels are always happy to receive referral business and will pay a fee based on the guest room revenue generated by groups of 10 or more. Because we are already paid by the hotel, our service is free to our clients.
7. Why should I choose ICR over another site selection firm?
ICR has over a decade of experience in the hospitality industry in areas of hotel sales, catering, operations and meeting planning. We know hotels and we recognize which organizations will succeed in serving you.
In addition, our goal is to treat every event, large or small, with the utmost urgency. We guarantee that you, our client, will be served personally, promptly and professionally. Your business means everything to us and will take top priority.
8. What are the requirements needed to use ICR's free site selection services?
- Your meeting or event must have a minimum of 10 hotel rooms for at least one night.
- An agreement that your company will use ICR only for site selection and contract negotiations for this particular meeting or event. We do not charge a fee for our services so we must be assured a financial reward for our efforts. This can be jeopardized if someone else within your company decides to take over negotiations and book the venue instead of ICR.
9. Can ICR find me hotels anywhere?
ICR has booked meetings in cities all over the United States, Mexico, South America, Canada, and Europe. We have resources at our fingertips that can find you the best hotels anywhere in the world.
10. Will ICR work with any size meeting?
We assist with small meetings in isolated towns as well as “City Wide Conventions” in places such as New York and Chicago.” Our only stipulation is that you have at least 10 guest rooms along with your event.
11. What additional services and benefits will I receive from ICR?
- Professional site selection for your specific needs.
- Working closely with the hotel to ensure all meeting needs will be exceeded.
- Negotiating contracts with a result that benefits your company's financial needs.
- We will save you hours of research by providing a short list of the best venues available, within your timeline.
- Above all, by allowing us to handle your site selection, the outcome of a successful event will be ensured, making you, the planner, look great!
12. How can I be sure that ICR will put my meeting needs over their own business needs?
As with any successful company, ICR’s goal is for repeat business, long lasting partnerships and business referrals. The only way to achieve this is through happy customers. It would not benefit us to negotiate with short-term gains in mind.
13. Can ICR help in obtaining other vendors for the meeting details?
At no charge to you, ICR will also find the right supplier to handle the many different aspects involved in planning a spectacular event. We will introduce you to the best possible suppliers at the best possible rates. Some services you may need include entertainment/off-site venues, ground transportation, promotional gifts, photography, etc.
14. Does Ilaug Conference Resources provide comprehensive Meeting Planning Services?
If you are interested in assistance with more than just site selection,
ICR can provide a comprehensive meeting planning package that will manage
your event from start to finish. Our goal is to assist in creating the
perfect event for you and your attendees, with no detail overlooked.
Here are just some of the meeting planning services provided by ICR for a successful, hassle-free event:
- Site selection specific to your needs
- Site inspection of prospective properties
- Air and ground transportation
- Management of rooming lists, upgrades, room types, last minute changes
- Room set-up for meetings
- All catered meals
- Off-site entertainment i.e. organized golf, group dinners etc.
- Registration materials
- Amenities, promotional gifts
- On-site meeting coordinator during the event to ensure your complete satisfaction
- Coordinate all audio-visual needs
- Review all related invoices following the event
*We do charge a fee for a comprehensive meeting planning package. Fees will vary based on what your needs are.
16. How do I get started?
Its so easy! Simply complete the RFP form or contact us via phone, fax or email with the following information.
- Your phone number and email address.
- Preferred location or locations for your event.
- Date or set of dates for your event (even if they are subject to change)
- Any budget information for room rates or meeting rental is helpful.
- Number of guest rooms per night.
- Number of meeting attendees as well as a tentative agenda.
- Any other information that you want to provide regarding the event is welcome!
With this information we can begin our search for the perfect hotel or resort. At the end of our search, we supply you with an easy-to-read-synopsis of the hotels under consideration, their rates, highlights and amenities. We’ll have all the pertinent information for you to review in order to make the right decision.
If you have any questions,
Melissa Ilaug at 651-452-9311 or
Robin Brunkow at 952-890-6070
Specializing in destination planning and site selection for:
- Quarterly Meetings
- Sales Meetings
- Training Events
- Incentive Trips
- User Conferences
- Executive Meetings
For a quick estimate complete our RFP Form.